On May 28, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Chris Parrish wrote:
nurilized wrote:
why dont you git?

You guys are killing me.  John's pushing me there today too ;-)

For the record, I use Windows and Eclipse (Aptana's RadRails) to do my development. I'm used to, and like both very much. Right now, I can do all my source code control right in my IDE wonderfully -- visually see which files have changed, apply properties, commit, update, etc.

Unfortunately git support is weak for Windows and weaker still for Eclipse. So I'm going to have to figure out a new workflow to use my IDE and git as an external tool in order to make the switch.

It'll probably happen eventually but I've got enough irons in the fire already for now.

The killer thing about git in my mind is Github. It makes it super easy to push changes back and forth on projects. I'd highly recommend sitting through the Peep Code screencast if you haven't already.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com