Hi Nate,

I recently updated the guide for deploying Radiant to Dreamhost, another shared host:
http://wiki.radiantcms.org/How_To_Deploy_on_Dreamhost

I don't know Railsplayground, but assuming you have SSH access you should be able to follow this guide, substituting the steps for creating the website and a database with whatever you do at Railsplayground. Also, my blog entry has examples of rolling two popular extensions into the deployment package:
http://casperfabricius.com/blog/2008/05/24/radiant-cms-on-dreamhost-with-phusion-passenger/

Cheers,
Casper Fabricius