Hi Anton,

I feel your pain, as I also follow the pattern of filling content into the database locally, and then deploy with that data later.

I use MySQL locally and on Dreamhost, and if you can live with that (MySQL is quite easy to install and manage), you can do as I do, which is not optimal or beautiful, but quite effective: Use mysqldump.

To export your local database, run this command from the root of your application:
mysqldump -u root radiant_development > ./db/dump.sql

Then upload the file to Dreamhost, and import it (make sure the database is created and empty):
mysql -u dh_mysql_user -pdh_mysql_pw radiant_production < ./db/dump.sql

If you have uploaded files using gallery, page_attachments or something else locally, you must also upload these manually from public to public.

/Casper