On Jun 13, 2008, at 12:06 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out how to add a sign up page for a newsletter my
client want to send out. I am not worried about the newsletter part,
yet, but I cannot for the life of me figure out which extension I need
to use to build and process the sign up form. I have tried using
database_form, but there is something wrong with the way it handles the
redirect after the form data is sent to the db and I cannot get any of
the validation working. I also looked into the form extension from the
official list of extensions, but the comment at the top of the readme
says that it is very alpha and shouldn't be used.

Has anybody set up a form like this in 0.6.7 yet? I am not looking for
somebody else to do my work for me, but can anybody point me in the
right direction? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nate

Thats on my list of things to do as well.

Try the share_layouts extension from the core and build an extension with a controller exposed to the public (ie. not in the admin namespace) and set no_login_required at the top of your controller. Another option is to take a look at the mailer extension (which provides and processes public facing forms). It might give you some ideas about tags that you could create and how to consume the form data.

I believe that that is the direction you might want to try, but I haven't tackled it myself yet.

-Jim