On 13 Jun 2008, at 05:22, Jim Gay wrote:
On Jun 13, 2008, at 12:06 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to add a sign up page for a newsletter my
client want to send out.

Thats on my list of things to do as well.

Me too! I've had some time to develop something this weekend, and here it is:

http://github.com/nelstrom/radiant-subscriber-lists-extension/tree/master

I was very impressed by Andrea's Newsletter extension, but configuring a Linux server to send mail is a big hole in my knowledge. I could not make it work in production, so regretfully had to move on.

I have basically simplified the Newsletter extension so that it doesn't send any mail. That means an email address is added to the list instantly upon form submission, rather than sending an email with activation code. Likewise, the unsubscribe form removes a subscriber instantly, without verification. This might not be the *best* way of doing things, but I think some clients will actually prefer it.

Everything is in place for this extension to work on the public facing side of a site. The admin side, however, is unfinished at this stage. Right now, there is no means to add or edit users in the admin. I have created an Export action, which outputs all subscribers for a list as a CSV file.

If you want to try it out, I'd be pleased to hear any feedback.

Cheers,
Drew