On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:10 AM, aslak hellesoy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 5:12 PM, David Piehler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Sean Cribbs wrote:
>>> The Radiant git repository has been refactored!  All of the existing
>>> code has been added to a new, neutral, 'radiant' user on github.  Please
>>> update your watches and remove your forks of
>>> github.com/seancribbs/radiant -- it will be disappearing soon.  I will
>>> do my best to incorporate existing pull requests into the new
>>> repositories.
>>

> http://github.com/radiant/radiant/tree/master seems to have been
> imported "raw" (without the git history). It would be nice if the svn
> history was kept intact.

One more recommendation: Git has a feature akin to svn:externals
called Git submodule that lets you "symlink" other Git repos. Have you
considered using this feature for the stuff under vendor and
vendor/plugins? A lot of the stuff that is there is already at Github,
and the stuff that isn't should be quick to clone up to
Github/Gitorious. I think that in the long run it's better to use Git
submodule than keeping hard forks of the various libraries.

Cheers,
Aslak