aslak hellesoy wrote:
One more recommendation: Git has a feature akin to svn:externals
called Git submodule that lets you "symlink" other Git repos. Have you
considered using this feature for the stuff under vendor and
vendor/plugins? A lot of the stuff that is there is already at Github,
and the stuff that isn't should be quick to clone up to
Github/Gitorious. I think that in the long run it's better to use Git
submodule than keeping hard forks of the various libraries.
I'll give that some thought and toss it around with the other committers. However, it may suffer the same weaknesses as svn:externals, which is dependency on the availability of those other repositories, which I don't like much.