In the case that the project is in git, you could manually create the .gitsubmodule file from the sha of the HEAD of the extension, since the submodules are just git repos themselves. I may support a switch in the script/extension installer for a scenario like this, but it will require some thought.

Sean

john muhl wrote:
It is possible. I'm just not sure the best way to do it.

When I started both options were considered and I guessed (possibly wrongly) most people aren't “scm'ing” their Radiant app. So instead of going around git init'ing everyone's RADIANT_ROOT for them I figured clones were less fuss, less muss.

So would you change the default to pull-in a submodule? Or add another option to switch from clone to submodule mode (i.e. `use=submodule`)?