Adam van den Hoven wrote:
Things I would like:
something like a separate field for copyright notices so that you can minimize the JS/CSS without loosing (someone else's) copyright notice.

You can accomplish this today by bundling multiple assets.  For instance:

--- JS file #1:  prototype.js (not minified) ---

/*  Prototype JavaScript framework, version 1.6.0
*  (c) 2005-2007 Sam Stephenson
*
*  Prototype is freely distributable under the terms of an MIT-style license.
*  For details, see the Prototype web site: http://www.prototypejs.org/
*
*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
<r:javascript name="prototype.js.content" />

--- JS file #2:  prototype.js.content (this has 'minify?' checked) ---

... the rest of the prototype lib goes in here ...

That would serve up the prototype library just as you requested as 'prototype.js'

support for external libraries
I really just want 1 tag to use for all these assets
they can be always "as link"
If you really want to be cool, "know" ahead of time all the important libraries and their versions (kinda like how the google Ajax Libraries API works -- http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxlibs/) so I can do <r:javascript library="jquery" version="2.6" minimized='true' />
But also just <r:javascript url="http://scriptsite.com/somelibrary"; />

Sounds neat -- though I'm *positive* you don't want me anywhere near any project that requires constant maintenance to keep up-to-date with the latest libraries.

Couple of questions, though:

   * If you know the url, what's the benefit of using the <r:javascript
     /> tag?  I mean sure, it renders the link for you but that's not
     so bad to type manually.
   * How would it be helpful for SnS to have it's own list of libraries
     when the Google api you offered already does this?

I'm really not trying to beat the "you can already do this" drum, but why not just type:

 <script src="http://www.google.com/jsapi";></script>
 <script type="text/javascript">
   google.load("prototype", "1.6");
   google.load("scriptaculous", "1.8.1");
 </script>

Or, if you want to keep your list of google.load's in their own javascript file (named, say, "google.loads"), you could just:

 <script src="http://www.google.com/jsapi";></script>
 <r:javascript name="google.loads" as="inline" />

I want to make sure I'm understanding your ideas. (Thanks for the tip on google, BTW. I've never used that and think that it'd be a nice addition -- looks like they even minify stuff for us).