I created an extension for handling content internationalization. I mentioned it on the mailing list earlier this week:

http://lists.radiantcms.org/pipermail/radiant/2009-March/012527.html

The extension provides tags like

<r:translator:title />
<r:translator:content part="main" />

Page parts are suffixed with the language abbreviation like such:
body_de
body_en
sidebar_de
sidebar_en

The extension uses the browser's HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE to determine the language in which to render the page. Also, a session variable (session[:language]) can be set for a user to override the HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE header their browser sends.

The extension's github repo ( http://github.com/peburrows/translator/tree/master ) has a README with a more extensive explanation.

.phil.burrows.

He Yves

Yves Dufour wrote:
HI Mohit

Very interesting ... how did you proceed when entering the articles and setting the different language portions ... no core modification ? (DB records)
could this be managed in an extension ?

Yves (erwin in brittany dialect..)

The solution that I have is discussed in my posts to the mailing list ages ago. This link explains it:

[1] The first concept -
http://lists.radiantcms.org/pipermail/radiant/2007-September/006364.html
[2] The details -
http://lists.radiantcms.org/pipermail/radiant/2007-October/006881.html