On version 0.8, put this in the initializer block in config/environment.rb:
config.action_controller.relative_url_root = '/nld'
You may need to do something different for 0.7.x and earlier.
Jan M.J. Storms wrote:
I am on 0.8.0 and chose the 'styled blog' option.
There are a few things I have noticed that do not work.
1) I can make child pages both to the home page and to child pages
of the home page, but only the child pages to the home page are listed.
When I click the + to expand the children of some other page I get a 404
not found error;
2) links of the type :slug need the /nld subdirectory prepended;
3) <r:link /> works (i don't know if that is true in all cases), but
<r:date format="/articles/%Y/%m/" /> also needs the /nld subdirectory
So some things are easily fixed, but (1) is not, at least not for me.
If it works in some places and in others it doesn't, maybe with the '--
prefix /nld' added to 'thin start', the solution could be to apply, as
you point out, relative_url_root in all cases where Radiant constructs an url.
David Cato scripsit dd. Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:41:41 -0700 (internet: @278)
Jan M.J. Storms wrote ...
I added a couple of parameters to the thin startup command:
--environment production --prefix /nld
I can now see the home page and the admin pages work... partially. That
is due to radiant being installed in subdirectory /nld. I searched the
mailing list for answers and found some old posts that are a bit
difficult for a newbie like me.
Is there some easy setting for this, or am I really out of luck here?
A while back I tried installing a Radiant app in a subdirectory, as
you're doing here, and ran into problems. While I don't recall if there
were any database errors involved, I did manage to locate the relevant
production log and there are a lot of 404s due to bad URL paths as a
result of the relative_url_root value not being applied in all cases.
I ran across some discussion, that I can't find right now, that said (or
maybe only suggested) that a subdirectory installation of Radiant
wouldn't work. So, being lazy and unwilling to spend more time trying to
make the subdirectory install work, I gave in and redeployed in the root
directory of a subdomain instead.
I was using 0.7.1 at the time so the situation may have changed with
0.8. I haven't tried deploying 0.8 in a subdirectory and am not in a
position to do so at this time.
You mentioned in your original post that you have another Radiant site
running fine. Is it also installed in a subdirectory or is it in the
Radiant mailing list
Radiant mailing list