On Sep 23, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Jim Gay wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that last comment.

It's harder to explain.

Basically, encouraging users to have "blank" page parts is not something that I want to encourage. They should delete the object to keep the database clean if this is something that they desire. I'm willing to concede that this is something that people want and accommodate for it with the if_blank tag, but I would personally discourage it's usage.

It's a bit like Ruby's principle that if you want to do something evil, we won't prevent you, but we will make it a bit ugly.

The if_blank tag is a tad ugly. About the way I feel about the concept.

I think it's acceptable, although less desirable, to maintain the
current behavior and have only one tag for this purpose.

I think this is where our basic disagreement is.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com