John W. Long wrote:
On Sep 23, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Jim Gay wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that last comment.

It's harder to explain.

Basically, encouraging users to have "blank" page parts is not something that I want to encourage. They should delete the object to keep the database clean if this is something that they desire. I'm willing to concede that this is something that people want and accommodate for it with the if_blank tag, but I would personally discourage it's usage.
Don't blank page parts get used by people providing a sort of "template" of things to fill out? I use it in that sense - some of my articles may have a "brief" which may get picked up by a higher-up page to display what the article is about. The page part is rendered only in parent pages - not onto the output of that page. I keep it with the page because it belongs to the page. However, I don't always impose that the brief must be filled.

I'm in agreement that you can make it ugly :P

9/24/2009 | 3:32 AM.