Mohit Sindhwani said the following on 09/23/2009 09:35 PM:
> Anton Aylward wrote:
>> John W. Long said the following on 09/23/2009 03:00 PM:

>>> Basically, encouraging users to have "blank" page parts is not
>>> something that I want to encourage.
>>>
>> Not so.
>> I've had to use blank page parts as "flags" in a number of situations
>> becuase I could not solve the problem any other way.
>
> I think that is the most common use case of blank parts for me.
> Perhaps, if there was a really easy way to add page flags?

I'm sure there are some, but they require adding an extension and using
it in some manner;

Maybe the blank page part is labelled "upcoming" because it means
"upcoming" and you could use the event manager instead; but then again
maybe it doesn't mean 'upcoming'.

Maybe you can use one of Chris Parrish's variables.  Of some complex and
arbitrary test.  Whose use isn't as obvious as a page part that
describes the flag.

But maybe you don't need all that, so just use a page part ...
Its simpler and all the code is already there.

Maybe ... lots of things.