One thing I've been meaning to mention, since it came up with my blog
and with one of Marty Haught's sites with respect to Disqus:

Make sure you manually set the page URL or other identifier, since their
software seems to be sensitive to the existence or lack of trailing
slashes.  On a number of my blog posts, this has caused the creation of
multiple threads for a single post.  Here's two ways you can prevent
that in your embed code:

<script> var disqus_url = "http://yoursite.com<r:url />"; </script>

or, even more strictly:

<script> var disqus_identifier = <r:id />; </script>

You can find more information here: http://disqus.com/docs/embed/

Cheers,

Sean