Asfand Yar Qazi said the following on 11/22/2009 10:10 AM:

> 2009/11/21 Anton Aylward <anton.aylw...@rogers.com>:
>> Asfand Yar Qazi said the following on 11/21/2009 12:05 PM:
>>> I'd like to know if Radiant or one of its extensions offers some
>>> capabilities I'm looking for for a site I need to write for a client.
>> "Site".  That's an important term.
>> It means "domain"?  Right?
>
> I mean 'site'.  I know of several 'sites' where the all the features
> are rolled up into a single coherent interface (at least from the
> visitor's point of view), for example, http://www.anandtech.com/
> (technology magazine) and http://www.therevival.co.uk (Muslim youth
> magazine).

Just for the record ...

There is a multi-site plugin for Radiant, that lets more than one site
run from the same engine.  Each site has its own layout, snippets and
css within the overall database.

I see no reason the opposite can't be done as well.

More than one Radiant 'engine' but with the same basic layout, banner,
footer, main menu.  Perhaps someone could comment on the 'efficiency' of
this?  For example, they need not be both implemented on the same machine.

Yes, I note your point about SEO, Asfand, but then again, there are
plugins and tools that can 'merge' subdomains so they appear as one.
Can http://github.com/saturnflyer/radiant-seo_help-extension/ be used to
help?  I don't know.  To be honest I've long given up on optimizing
search engine submissions.  When I submit things like my own name or
that of the companies I've done sites for they always seem to come up on
the first or second page of a google search WITHOUT any SEO work.  I
sometimes wonder the people selling SEO services, books, software,
aren't just another scam and time waster.

Or maybe I put the right stuff in the META the first time.
Who knows.  But I don't see SEO as a hurdle.