I'm referring to the the Page Events Extension that I linked to:

http://github.com/mghaught/radiant-page-event

As well as the event and calendar support it extends radiant by also adding
several pages types,

event_archive_page.rb, event_month_index_page.rb, event_day_index_page.rb etc.

These look similar to the page types added by the Archive extensions but are
added by the Page Event Extension - they are not added by the Archive
extension. In the admin area on any particular page, for the page type you can
choose Event Archive, Event Month Index, Event Day Index ... as well as the
selections for the Blog extension; Archive, Archive Month Index, Archive Day

Two different things.

It looks like it filters the events by date in the same manner as the blog
archive page type filters blog posts by date.

You can filter manually with the <r:events:in_range:each> tag. I'd like to know
if you can filter based on the url like the page types suggest and what these
page types do?