On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Jeff Casimir <j...@casimircreative.com> wrote:
> - It took me awhile to find the plus sign.  Maybe between the header
> row and the attachments themselves there could be a "+ Add" that, when
> clicked, could expand the form in place kinda like you do now.
> Otherwise, I think it could slam to the left against the "Attachments
> (count)"
> - I think the (-) image is too prominent, being the first thing you
> see when scanning the line.  Removing attachments is probably the
> least common action, so I think it should be somewhere with lower
> importance. Maybe the order could be: Thumbnail, Filename, Magnifier
> icon for view, minus icon for delete, then description below

good points. i guess these have been that way since the very first
version of page_attachments and are probably due for some attention as
well.

> - Given that the whole image row is draggable, it'd be nice if I could
> drag it into the body text and drop it to have the radius tags put in
> that cursor spot

that's an interesting idea. i wonder how difficult acts_as_list makes
it for you to get control back during/after the drag event.

> - When adding a new file...
> - - The (-) for cancel is kinda floating in space.
> - - I don't think the average user would expect to hit "Save and
> Continue Editing" just to upload the file.
> - - It might be most reasonable to have a fourth line with an "Upload"
> button and a "cancel" text link

indeed. i think the interface has been that way since forever; and
looking at it now i see that the appearance is inconsistent across the
3 browsers radiant supports. so yeah it should probably be given some
attention as well.

> - - I wonder if the file selection/upload wouldn't best be handled in
> a modal dialog

you mean put the inputs into one of those popup box things like a
lightbox? i don't really like stuff popping up and in that case you'd
have two things popping up; first the inputs and then the os file
selection dialog. do you know of a site that works like what you're
suggesting? perhaps if i could see it i'd appreciate it.

> Overall I really like the functionality, so apologies if this feedback
> sounds overly critical!

is there really such a thing as "overly critical"? ;)