On 1.9.2017 16.48, Karl Gaissmaier wrote:

What do you think about a LogSkipHook in MessageLogFILE?

Tuure mentioned that similar functionality (ACL to match what gets captured) on certain devices has been very useful. The hook would also allow trigger capture based on attributes since it can access the message contents too.

See the attached patch, this would be very helpful for debugging sporadically occurring errors.

I would be glad if you could accept this feature request or patch.

We'll take a look at how to fit this in. It's probably better to have in the parent class and be more aware of direction (in/out) and protocol so that we can support TACACS+ too. However, I'd say it would be close to what you had in the patch.

Thanks again for your suggestion!
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen <h...@open.com.au>

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.