usch;475336 Wrote:
> No, of course not. I cannot think of any reason why someone would need a
> battery -and- a remote. When the Radio runs on battery that means I am
> taking it with me and it is within my reach, so I don't need a remote.
> Conversely, when I have to use the remote that means I am in the chair
> and the Radio is on the shelve where it will be near a wall outlet, so I
> don't need a battery.
>
> It's just like when you have to buy a whole assortment of 20 different
> sealing washers at the DIY store when you need only one particular size.

I do agree they should be available separately as well.  But I disagree
that anyone would not have need for a remote while on battery usage.  In
fact, I'd certainly have more need of the remote if using the Radio on
my deck.  Too many scenarios and usage possibilities to outright dismiss
remote + battery usage.

--
toby10