rmgalley wrote:
> Thanks again bpa for your help. Returning to the 'redirection' problem,
> earlier this evening I shut down my NAS for 3½ hours but the problem
> persisted after restarting. Next I tied uninstalling LMS from the NAS
> and, for good measure, rebooting the NAS. I re-installed LMS and,
> following that, the latest versions of BBC iPlayer and BBC iPlayer
> Extras from
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/bpaplugins/default-menu.opml.

Unless you have disk corruption these sort of errors are rarely solved
by reinstalling LMS or plugins. The version of BBCiPlayerExtra that
matters is v2.0.0.   Please use latest 7.9.* only - and do not test or
use 7.7.* as its support of https is uncertain and so a waste of time
when debugging.

> As expected the 404 error on 'Listen Again' remained but so also did the
> 'redirection' error message when attempting to play any iPlayer Extras
> content. I am beginning to think the BBC also made some change here when
> they removed the working URLs for the 'Listen Again' content. They
> seemed to begin at the same time.
The 404 error will remain that way so no piint retesting unless you just
want to prove your other network error ("cannot resolve")  has gone
away.

I think the "redirection" error is caused by BBC rediredcting a http
request to a https one. If you are running LMS 7.7.* I think this did
not support https fully. IIRC there was some bugs fixes for https
applied restrospectivley to 7.7.5 onwards but I don't know if it is
possible to confirm that on your system. I tested latest 7.7.5 for this
https issue on BBCiPLayerExtra and it worked OK.

You can check this by
1. Going to a BBCiPlayerExtra Station A-Z Menu.
2. Enabling logging network.asynchttp to DEBUG
3. Click on a letter menu in the BBCiPlayerExtra (e.g. "A")
4. Disable logging by setting network.asynchttp to ERROR

Look at log file for messages from Asynchttp routines.  Enabling
network.asynchttp to DEBUG can generate a lot of message so the above
method should results in small amount by ensuring it is enabled for a
small amount.