Firstly some progress. I set up LMS 7.9.0 on a second Windows 7 Pro
64-bit PC. Everything installed as expected and I could successfully log
in to my ‘mysqueezebox.com’ account. I was not getting any account
validation problems. Nor was I getting any ‘bad repository’ messages at
the top of the Plugins page. I was also able to install BBC iPlayer
1.5.3 and BBC iPlayer Extras 2.0.0 and the later, in particular, was
able to access content without any ‘redirection’ errors.  This seems to
verify the integrity or merit of the modem/router and the broadband
connection.

I returned to my normal Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PC. I uninstalled LMS and
started over. I am not sure what was different this time, possibly
something to do with Administrator privileges, but like the second PC
everything worked correctly. I was able to log in to my
‘mysqueezebox.com’ account and install both BBC iPlayer plug-ins.

Since then LMS 7.9.1 was offered so that had been successfully installed
on both Windows machines. Operation on both was normal with the
exception of the ‘Listen Live’

bpa wrote:

> I think the "redirection" error is caused by BBC rediredcting a http
> request to a https one. If you are running LMS 7.7.* I think this did
> not support https fully. IIRC there was some bugs fixes for https
> applied restrospectivley to 7.7.5 onwards but I don't know if it is
> possible to confirm that on your system. I tested latest 7.7.5 for this
> https issue on BBCiPLayerExtra and it worked OK.
>
> You can check this by
> 1. Going to a BBCiPlayerExtra Station A-Z Menu.
> 2. Enabling logging network.asynchttp to DEBUG
> 3. Click on a letter menu in the BBCiPlayerExtra (e.g. "A")
> 4. Disable logging by setting network.asynchttp to ERROR
>
> Look at log file for messages from Asynchttp routines.  Enabling
> network.asynchttp to DEBUG can generate a lot of message so the above
> method should results in small amount by ensuring it is enabled for a
> small amount.

I then returned to my ‘normal’ LMS on the Netgear ReadyNAS.

LMS on the NAS is 7.9.0 from the Netgear site. I followed your guidance
for generating an informative log file. There was a lot of content from
many months ago in the Server.log file so I cleared the contents before
following your instructions.

The generated log file contains 7 ‘Redirecting to
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/a-z/by/a/player.json’ requests before
finally a ‘Failed to connect to
http://www.bbc.co.uk:80/programmes/a-z/by/a/player.json (Redirection
limit exceeded)’ line. You surmised correctly the cause of the failure
to connect to the BBC iPlayer Extras content. This had not been a
problem until about a week ago. The log file is attached.

As I do not have the expertise to interpret the log file maybe it will
offer you the necessary clues to finding a
solution.25663

|Filename: server.zip                                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25663|