I've reached a good news/bad news point in my attempt to configure this
new (used) Radio.

The good news is that the device now shows up on mysqueezebox.com.
Thanks to mherber for resetting the MAC address in the database.

The bad news is that despite following Apesbrain's detailed instructions
(in reply #4 above) the device is showing some funky behavior. It does
not appear in the LMS info tab. Which leads to other problems such as it
not being able to see my music. Nor my favorites. Nor just about
anything else. I have reset the device to Factory Defaults more than
once.

It's almost like the device isn't on the local network, but it is. I can
ping it and get a response. I'm using a static IP on a WiFi network. The
icon at the bottom right of the Radio shows it is connected. A scan of
the network with two different apps shows it connected on one app but
not visible on the other. Needless to say I have rechecked the IP config
and the addresses are correct.

Unless someone can come up with further troubleshooting steps, I'm going
to declare this unit not fully operational and return it for another.
The seller has been very helpful to this point as far as allowing me to
exchange it for another one.