gordonb3 wrote:
> (...) This appears to indicate that the task manager thinks that the
> task is still running, which may actually be true if it entered an
> endless loop or at least longer than it takes for watchdog to kick in.
> (...)
Thank you for having a closer look.
As I already posted before (see post '#52'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111650-Spontaneous-turning-on&p=967027&viewfull=1#post967027)),
a quick code review revealed several pieces of Jive code that are not
timer-wrapping-aware. This causes events to no longer fire and
delay/wait loops to loop forever.

Basically, all these buggy pieces of code look similar:

Code:
--------------------
    if (timer_value > some_point_of_time) then {do something};

  (pseudocode)
--------------------

To finally get that problem fixed, they all need to be reviewed and
changed to something like this:

Code:
    if (signed_value(timer_value - some_point_of_time) > 0) then {do something};

  (pseudocode)

It's a bunch of work. I'd already have done this if I had found some
time and more experience in Lua, but I haven't. :-/

1x Squeezebox Classic, 3x Radio, 1x Touch, LMS 7.9.1 running on
ODROID-U3, Ubuntu 16.04 and I'm happy with it! :)