> 1981 Schwinn Le Tour Mixte<http://www.flickr.com/photos/aydelotte/2577031655/>
>
> ...which had a nice Japanese lugged frame, but otherwise rusty and/or broken
> components, and turned it into this:

Thanks John.  That really turned out well.

When I warned against Schwinn earlier, I was thinking of the old
Chicago cruiser models with the one piece crank, and old north
american standard stem and seat post sizing.  The Le Tour - I believe
there was another as well, conform more readily to modern parts.

And it has the nice center seat tube join design.  I bet it rides
pretty well.