Where the AR type bike also breaks down is if you use a bike for a
specialized type activity.
A ddownhill bicycle and one for triathlon specific frame come to mind. My
tri-specific frame is beyond even the MCFB bikes that you see everywhere and
it is a steel frame. It was just hugely faster in a triathlon on that frame,
even without a clip-on TT bar because it was made for a specific purpose. I
tried to convert it into a commuteer and it didn't work very well. I doubt I
could have even riden it on any kind of trail and have it remain in usable
condition. Tour on it? You must be joking. But to go 110 miles at 30 mph
while staring at the front tire; you bet!

--
Fai Mao
The Blogger who sometimes responds to comments