I changed from DT shifters to Campy ergos on a couple of my bikes. I like them
a lot. For fast clubs rides, brifters are best, as the shifts are quicker,
requiring little hand movement. I do like the simplicity and elegance of DT
shifters.  I have bar-ends on my Hilsen which I also like. I ride it on the
many dirt and gravel roads where I live. Different shifters for different
purposes I guess.