I haven’t read this whole thread, so apologies if I’m restating this, but +1 on
the advantages of nice tires. I run Grand Bois or Compass tires on almost all
of my bikes—they will improve the ride and performance of anything but the
worst (cast iron?) wheels, at a much lower cost. Run them as wide as you can to
get the added plus of greater comfort.

--Eric Norris
campyonly...@me.com
@CampyOnlyguy (Twitter/Instagram)