Thanks, all.

Abyclehank asked, "What speed wheels are you looking for?" Let's say I'd
like to speed up by 8-10% (15 mph to 16 mph). Is that crazy talk?

RichS asked how much I've played with tire pressure. My answer: not much!
I'm 195 lbs, and I run my 44cm Snoqualmie Pass tires at 50 PSI. The roads
near me (metro NYC area) are brutal, and I'm worried about pinch flats.

Patrick and Panog, thanks for the recommendations!