Usually better but that's compared to making super gassy coffee soon after
roasting. I think waiting a day is good, not the end of the world if you
don't. If you roast a bunch at once like I do with the Behmor you get to
taste the same beans for the rest of the week. There seems to be a peak day
where the coffee tastes the best. Maybe 2 days after an evening roast? I
don't overthink it anymore, just shoot for the roast level I want and call
it good.