On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:37 AM, james black <chocot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ................... I
> am mildly annoyed and feel vaguely insulted by the point of view I
> sometimes encounter that TCO is an imaginary problem, or that I'm some
> kind of dimwit because it bothers me. There are other cyclists
> (customers) like me - bike designers should be attentive to this fact.

I agree.  That's the part of this whole debate that bothers me.  It's
not that those of us who care about it can't appreciate that some
people don't, it's that some people try to tell us it's an imaginary
problem and that we should just get over it.

On a single I'm willing to put up with some TCO, though I'm very glad
that Mike Barry designed my Mariposa without it.  On a tandem I would
not consider putting up with it - it's too dangerous when the person
controlling the bike doesn't have complete control of the pedals.

-Ken