On 02/02/2018 04:51 PM, 'Mark in Beacon' via RBW Owners Bunch wrote:
This is just too funny. I guess most of us have violated the leave well enough alone rule now and again, but ha! This takes the cake. Poor little systems engineer. Was it his very last bike event ever?

I think not.  But I do believe he learned a lesson about leaving well enough alone.   He did get it all reassembled eventually, and the event was laid out so that the full 80 mile distance was made up of several 20-ish and 30-ish loops all originating from the central starting point, so he did get 40 or 50 in and had a good time riding.