As a counterpoint, I am 5'10" 175, I ride a 52 Clementine and don't notice
any more flex than any other bike. I'm not a spinner, but maybe I'm more
delicate than you. In terms of bike weight, sure the Clem is heavy, but
even with the so so stock tires I would not call it sluggish. Did you run
comparable tires on the Clem and the Chev? I've also ridden a Chev, though
not as extensively. Slightly sportier, but not lifechangingly different
Though now I will try a back to back comparison when I get an opportunity.

 I wonder if you had comparable tires?