Roberta:

Other than RBW, Walnut Creek doesn’t offer much other than a small downtown
filled with expensive shops. I suggest getting thee to San Francisco* as
quickly as possible and starting there.

If you get to SF around lunch, check out the Ferry Terminal’s great selection
of gourmet offerings. They have everything from burgers to truffles to ice
cream. You can gain a few pounds there.

Fisherman’s Wharf is very touristy, but a walk along the Embarcadero is still
fun.

Walk to Coit Tower and take in the views from way up there.

Go to the Mission District and check out the art, shops, and the great local
thrift and antique stores.

Rent a bike and join the army of tourists riding over the Golden Gate Bridge to
Sausalito.

Go to the Napa Valley, which is about 45 minutes away by car. If you go there,
pass through Napa and head straight for St Helena (nice, but pricey) or
Calistoga (easier to have a great time on a budget).

Have fun!

* Note: the locals call SF “The City,” as in, “Let’s go to The City today!” No
need to say *which* city—they’ll know.

Eric N
www.CampyOnly.com
CampyOnlyGuy.blogspot.com