You did what I want to do! MTN Mixte as kid carrier and rough stuff bike is
a dream. My personal idea was to build it up with semi-modern parts. A 1x
Shimano 11 speed kit, Paul brakes (V or Canti).

If I weren't going that that way I'd go with a White Industries 1x crank,
Sunrace 11-42 10sp rear, Microsoft thumbie and some sort of modern-ish
clutched shimano rear derailer.

Good luck! I'm very jealous.
-Justin