and of course that is exactly the credit I give for mine having zero
tinniness.  They've been shaped between two bikes, so they don't have any
external pull on them anywhere - so non-stressed, if I release the
set-screws on the stays, they don't move -
the most solid mountings I can give them, vibration damping every place I
can place it

<https://imgur.com/8QZZu2u.jpg> <https://imgur.com/O10B0QK.jpg>

maybe the flutes in my fenders are the difference - you tap them even with
a metal object, and they go whump