Lester,
If I recall the 51 Joe has a top tube 1.0 cm shorter than a 53
Atlantis, so that also might be better for drops.

I had an email conversation back and forth with Grant last year and he
was pushing hard to ditch the drops altogether, he doesn't see the
point of even using drops, especially if you are an older non-racer
type (like 40+)

-Dave