Thanks for all the input, all. I settled on an Abus Granit 640 (or something)
from Amazon. For wheels I chose the Abus Nut fix, because several of you
disliked the Pittlocks but liked the Abus. Abus' solution for saddle and seat
post wouldn't work.  Drw was so excited about his Hexlox for the saddle and
seat post that I braved ordering overseas. I was hoping to use all one system,
but I didn't have the heart to call back the local bike shop and cancel the
Abus order for the quick release wheels. Now a few hundred dollars poorer, I
hope I chose well. The mechanical part of biking is not my jam. I just RIDE the
bike. And deck it out in Christmas lights. Terrible, I know.

You were all a huge help - thank you, thank you, thank you!