I live in Berkeley in the SF bay area where bike theft is common. As
someone mentioned above, with the right cutting wheel, a portable angle
grinder can cut the heaviest u-locks with two cuts in less than 2 minutes,
so where you lock up is important. I like to sleep with my Hunqapillar
under my pillow to make sure no one tries to run off with it in the middle
of the night. ;-)

   My go to u-locks for when I can't keep my eyes on my bike are the Abus
U-Lock GRANIT XPlus 540's. They're about 6 lbs each. Their locking
mechanisms are supposed to be more resistant to rust and jamming. I also
have a couple of Kryptonite Mini Fahgettabouditu-locks, they're 4.44 lbs
each, and if you go with one of these read the care & feeding instructions
online. Kryptonite recommends lubing the lock once a month with a
teflon-based chain lube to keep it from rusting & jamming.

    If I can keep an eye on my bike, I use the Tigr mini locks w/ or w/o an
Abus u-lock.

   The tamper resistant allen bolts or Pitlock Pitstoppers are a nice way
to prevent thieves from stealing racks, seat posts, saddles, and handlebar
stems and pedals.

   I haven't had the best luck with Pitlocks, because the plates of the
Pitlocks were smaller in diameter than the plates of my quick releases, and
weren't able to hold my wheels on as securely as the quick releases. Maybe
something with my dropouts? I don't know. They work well for others.

I would stay away from any lock that can easily be cut with a pair of bolt
cutters. Just my 2 cents...

Have a fun trip!

John