While it may sound crazy, I often find myself in the highest gear on most of my bikes. I'm not a racer, but I really do enjoy a lower cadence mash on the flats and downhills and the occasional low grade hill. I also like being able to overtake the SF fixie riders who pedal at insanely high cadences while I'm smiling and grinding at a moderate pace. :) For reference the higher gearing I'm referring to is:

  700C x 32mm: 46x12 (Romulus)
  700C x 27mm: 53x13 (RB-1)
  650B x 36mm: 50x11 (650B Sequoia)

…though I admit the last one is too high and impractical, especially so for an upright city hauler bike. ;)

-nathan