Camping out in the Chiricahua Mountains of southeast Arizona this weekend.
Riding around mostly. Onion Saddle. Massai Point. I was the only camper in
Pinery Canyon. Sunday morning I hear an unexpected sound coming up the
road. A bike tourer. Fully loaded. On a Trek 520. He rides by my camp and
says his "Howdies" and I say "Talk to me". First thing he does is haul his
bike into camp, walk over to mine and says "Damn, that's a beautiful bike."
"Rivendell," I respond. "I think I've heard of those."

I guess you could call that a semi-chuff.

Craig in Tucson

https://www.google.com/search?q=chiricahua+mountains&oq=Chiri&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j69i60j0l4.9775j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8