I have had mixed comments:

“Nice bike!” Pedestrian
“That is a really nice bike” about Bosco Bleriot from Trek LBS employee
“Centerpulls are antiquated/obsolete technology”. Another LBS wrencher. They
were Pauls.
“I love your bike” rider passing me on a century ride.
“Got a six pack in there?”, about my front rack bag.
“I got respect for people who can ride bikes like that for 100 miles”. - rider
on a century, remarking about the steel must be hard to ride. His friend
scolded him for it.
“Are they as cushy riding as people say?”. I said a definite, resounding  “yes”.