I own two Bike Fridays.  Pocket LLama and a Pocket Rocket Pro.  I’ve used
both for touring in Europe, North America, and UK.   On road and off road
with Llama.  Was preparing for Vietnam when Covid struck.
Standard chain ring and derailleur setup.  Easy to repair anywhere.  I’d
avoid disc brakes. Super comfortable bikes for multi mile days. The PRP
uses 20” 451 tires so maybe not ideal if taking abroad in out of the way
places.  I pack a foldable spare though. The NWT is probably your best
friend.