I must ride a lot slower than all's y'all's... but I've honestly never had
any trouble with my brakes on my AHH. I use the original standard Shimano
Lever  that shipped with it in aught-seven (probably discontinued) on a set
of Noodle bars. They don't bottom out at full pressure and the wheel will
skid.

http://www.cyclofiend.com/cc/2008/cc522-cyclofiend_jim0908.html

- Jim