Thanks, Wesley, this is useful information. An Albastache won't replace my
drop bars because I often use the hooks, but it might give more hand
positions on my Monocog 29er than the (cut down) MAP/Ahearne bar currently
on it, which, though it is the best "upright" bar I've used to date, is not
as comfortable as my drops.

The one thing that makes me hesitate about the Albastache (and other
Rivendell bars) is the width; I've learned over many years that I just
don't like bars much wider than 46 cm, shorter stems or not.

But it remains on my "definitely maybe" list.