I tried a poncho but didn't feel like I could adequately signal.  When it's
cold, I prefer the jacket/pants.  When it's warm I like a jacket/rain skirt
with shorts.  Next I'd like to cut the sleeves off a jacket and use a rain
vest or short sleeve jacket so I won't heat up too much.  I'll go half
sleeves then short sleeves then to a vest to see what works better.

p.s.  Newer jackets w/less PFAS seem to be less durable.