I'm a huge fan of ponchos (with fenders) and riding in the rain in general!
I wear regular clothes riding a bike, and putting on rain pants and jacket
just felt like too much so I wouldn't put it on in drizzle and I'd get wet
anyway. The few times I did wear rain pants and jacket, I got soaked from
sweat.

As others have mentioned, a poncho is nice and breathable from the big
opening on the bottom so you can avoid waterproofing treatments that wear
out or expensive 'breathable' fabrics.

And back to my other point, putting on a poncho takes less than 10 seconds
and when I get to my destination, I just slip it off!

Yeah, it's been fun for me now that there's been some rain again here in
the Bay Area. I feel like Yehuda Moon.