On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Travis <travisbreitenb...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Having your saddle further forward is more efficient
> but less comfortable.

Where did you get this information? That is not at all my experience,
which is wholly the contrary: pushing the saddle backward (I have mine
very far behind the bb) encourages a much more powerful stroke than a
far forward saddle -- I know, on Grant's advice I changed my saddle
from all the way forward (mistakenly chasing the elusive KOPS while
keeping a high saddle) to, now, all the way back (this over a period
of some 15 years) and find that the butt back position makes my stroke
far, far more powerful.

I had complained to Grant that, with a very forward saddle position, I
felt as if I were "losing" the stroke at the top. Now that I am behind
the bb, I have much more power over the top.

I'll agree with you about the "more comfortable" assertion.