I think the Toyo factory has been making the Atlantis the longest but
lets be realistic, Other builders can make fine frames too. The
process using commonly available jigs and cutting tools insures
consistency assuming the brazing is done by equally skilled hands
which I am sure it is. The lug parts are the same as is the tubing
unless brand names have anything to do with quality (which it doesn't)
for the most part. I think the industry as a whole should de-mystify
the whole process. Where you get one would seem to have more to do
with cost and availability not to mention the strength of the dollar
vs. the yen or whatever import taxes or shipping costs are involved. I
don't think Grant has a preference either way.  I believe he just
wants to make them available at a cost that allows the company a
profit and at a quality that is consistent.  The Atlantis is most
likely a best seller and a good all around bicycle for most riders.
I've always wanted one but have had to make compromises economically
when it comes to bicycles. No matter where its made the Atlantis frame
is well thought out with a nice blend of features that I personally
wouldn't mind owning.