Thanks. My commute ends with a 3/4 mile stretch where I'm grinding up
a pretty steep hill with a 48/16 FW gear. I may change my inner ring
to a 42t and give it a shot on Memorial Day weekend.

Do you change up your bike before you ride up?  Change out your
wheels, remove racks and fenders or lighten up the bike in any way?